Telehealth and Onsite Clinic Visits Available
Update as of March 25, 2020 | In response to the most recent actions being taken to slow the spread of COVID-19, Elite Therapy Center is excluded from mandatory closures and REMAINS OPEN.
According to the Department of Homeland Security, Healthcare services are considered a critical business and may remain open during this time. Therapy services per HHSC and DSHS, are essential and excluded from the mayor’s orders.
It is our top priority to continue providing quality therapy services and access to care. This means we are honoring all staff and patient family requests. We understand that this is a multidimensional issue and are grateful we are eligible for other service delivery models. Appropriate patients will be provided telehealth by their current therapist, home visits will be offered to families by therapists willing to provide them, and others will still continue to come to our clinics. Schedules will be adjusted by our scheduling coordinator, Kim Kennedy, for patients appropriate for telehealth with a signed consent on file.
It is vital for the children to continue with therapy services in order to reach goals and fulfill their plan of care. Equally as important, children thrive off structure and routine. Maintaining therapy and telehealth appointments will provide a sense of calm in the midst of this storm, reducing fear and increasing confidence. Continuing with therapy services while maintaining protection and safety for both our staff and your children is our highest priority!
Please remain in communication with us regarding your professional and personal needs. For more information, you may direct them to the Waco Mayor’s orders at the following link:
Update as of March 17, 2020
- All waiting rooms are officially closed, at a minimum, for the next 14 days. We will continue receiving patients from their parent/caregivers’ vehicle.
- Water fountains, as applicable, will be closed, at a minimum, for the next 14 days.
- Patients that have traveled internationally to countries with widespread, sustained community transmission in the previous 14 days will be placed on hold for the next 14 days.
- Patients that have had contact with someone with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19, is under investigation for COVID-19 or is ill with a respiratory illness will be placed on hold for the next 14 days.
- A minimum of 6 ft. distance between all therapy sessions is required with a temporary (mat) or permanent (wall) barrier.
- At the start and beginning of all therapy sessions:
- Therapist will wash hands with an antibacterial soap for 20 seconds.
- Therapist will assist/observe the patient wash hands with an antibacterial soap for 20 seconds.
- Weather permitting, outdoor treatment areas for sessions at all sites will be made available.
Good afternoon Elite families!
In response to the actions being taken to slow the spread of COVID-19, we have formulated a plan that will allow us to continue to be on your journey of hope and healing. It is vital for the children to continue with therapy services in order to reach goals and fulfill their plan of care. Equally as important, children thrive off structure and routine. Maintaining therapy appointments will provide a sense of calm in the midst of this storm, reducing fear and increasing confidence. Continuing with therapy services while maintaining protection and safety for both our staff and your children is our highest priority.
Elite Therapy Center clinics are remaining open with active schedules and following all guidelines and practices issued by CDC (Center for Disease Control) Prevention and Texas HHS (Texas Health and Human Services) for healthcare facilities.
We are providing our staff and families education about the steps taken to protect our therapists, staff, assistants and student’s health as well as those of our clients and families.
Implementing the following actions while continuing with our everyday high standards of cleanliness and infection control are part of our strategic plan to help reduce potential spreading:
1. We are limiting the use of waiting rooms at all locations.
Elite therapists or staff will get patients at their scheduled appointment time from the car. We are requesting families to please wait in their car. If families leave the premises, please plan to arrive 5 minutes prior to the end of the session. Caregivers may text staff at 254-749-0038 or call 254-399-8255 upon arrival to check in for therapy services. We will not be utilizing sign in sheets this week and instead will be using phone calls and text messages as a process of checking children in for therapy. Following the call or text, therapist will come out to get your child for therapy from the car.
- We have increased our hand washing protocol as follows:
At the start of therapy sessions:
- Therapist will wash hands with an anti-bacterial soap for 20 seconds or clean hands with hand sanitizer rubbing hands thoroughly (covering all areas) until dry.
- Therapist will watch the patient wash hands with an anti-bacterial soap for 20 seconds or clean hands with hand sanitizer rubbing hands thoroughly (covering all areas) until dry. Use a song or recite the alphabet to assist in task and teach the routine.
- If patient is exhibiting any symptoms, check the patient‘s temperature before continuing with therapy.
- Co-payments may be made at the following website on your phone:
https://www.elitetherapycenter.org/make-a-payment/ or by calling our main office at 254-399-8255 and following the prompt to push #1 or #2.
- In order to adhere to the CDC recommendation of social distancing, we plan to:
- Provide space between all chairs in the waiting room for families that must use the waiting room.
- Encourage staff to utilize open spaces for treatment and individual treatment rooms, providing a minimum of 6′ between all therapy sessions, increasing physical space between staff and patients at the clinics.
- Encourage patient families to use outside areas available including, as available, the covered picnic areas, outside tables and grass areas.
- Any visitors entering our building are subject to screening questions as applicable:
- Has the visitor traveled from out of country? If yes, has there been any fever, coughing or shortness of breath?
- Has the patient or a family member recently had fever, coughing or shortness of breath?
- All staff, patients and visitors will be expected to adhere to Elite Therapy Center sick policy.
- We have reduced our temperature threshold for fever to be 99.4 and higher until further notice.
- We are continuing to adhere to our everyday cleaning and disinfecting of therapy materials, equipment and frequently touched surfaces.
- Additionally, we are implementing the use of disinfectant germ foggers during non-business hours.
6. We are continuing to adhere to our everyday cleaning and disinfecting of therapy materials, equipment and frequently touched surfaces. Additionally, we are implementing the use of disinfectant germ foggers during non-business hours.
Thank you for your patience, understanding and compliance as we continue to journey these days together. Our mission to serve your family will never waiver and we appreciate the commitment you demonstrate to your child’s success. Please direct any questions or concerns to: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is the policy of Elite Therapy Center that in the event you are ill, you should utilize the following guidelines for returning:
- Oral temperature of 99.4 degrees or above
- Vomiting, nausea or severe abdominal pain
- Marked drowsiness or malaise
- Sore throat, acute cold, or persistent cough
- Red, inflamed, or discharging eyes
- Acute skin rashes or eruptions
- Swollen glands around jaws, ears and neck
- Suspected scabies or impetigo
- Any skin lesion in the weeping stage
- Pediculosis (head lice)
- Diarrhea: runny, watery or bloody
- Other symptoms suggestive of acute illness
Return to Therapy Guidelines:
- Fever free for full 24 hours
- Symptom free of vomiting, nausea or severe abdominal pain
- Symptom free of marked drowsiness or malaise
- Symptom free of sore throat, acute cold, or persistent cough
- Treated pediculosiis (head lice)
- Symptom free diarrhea: runny, watery or bloody
- All health conditions listed above have been treated and resolved